• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• استكشف الحواف Explore the Edges

استكشف الحواف
    Explore the Edges

If we see the rule of thirds as the default, “bread and butter” sort of composition guide, I can think of at least two ways to break that rule and distance your work from it. The first one is to use, against the advice of many photographers, central composition. It is a very natural, simple way of composing an image and generally results in a very “open”, peaceful, calm photograph. You could say it is classic. As I mentioned before, it is also one we instinctively learn first. The second way is completely opposite and perhaps much less “natural” to our eyes, yet one I adore at least as much as central composition. You see, if one naturally expects to find something of importance at the very center of a frame, the very edges of it might be the last place they’d look. And that sense of unexpectedness is perhaps the best part about it.

NIKON D700 + 85.0 mm f/1.4 @ ISO 200, 1/1000, f/4.0

إذا نظرنا إلى قاعدة الأثلاث باعتبارها دليل التكوين الافتراضي، فيمكنني التفكير في طريقتين على الأقل لكسر هذه القاعدة وإبعاد عملك عنها. الأول هو استخدام التركيبة المركزية، خلافًا لنصيحة العديد من المصورين. إنها طريقة طبيعية وبسيطة للغاية لتكوين صورة وتؤدي عمومًا إلى الحصول على صورة "منفتحة" و"مسالمة" وهادئة للغاية. يمكنك القول أنها كلاسيكية. وكما ذكرت من قبل، فهو أيضًا أمر نتعلمه غريزيًا أولاً. أما الطريقة الثانية فهي معاكسة تمامًا وربما أقل "طبيعية" بالنسبة لأعيننا، ومع ذلك فهي طريقة أعشقها على الأقل بقدر ما أعشق التكوين المركزي. كما ترى، إذا كان الشخص يتوقع بطبيعة الحال العثور على شيء ذي أهمية في منتصف الإطار، فقد تكون حوافه هي المكان الأخير الذي سيبحثون فيه. ولعل هذا الشعور بالمفاجأة هو أفضل ما في الأمر.

كاميرا نيكون D700 + 85.0 مم f/1.4 @ ISO 200، 1/1000، f/4.

Hold On… Why?

There are so many proven ways to compose an image well. The rule of thirds and golden mean are probably the safest and work in just about any situation. Why go to such extremes and place elements at the very edges of the frame? Shouldn’t one attempt to divert the viewer away from the edges instead, so as to keep the gaze from moving on to the next work? Valid questions, of course, and the answer to the latter is, more often than not, positive. But not always.
    NIKON D700 + 50.0 mm f/1.4 @ ISO 400, 1/6400, f/1.8
    You see, if a main element of interest is placed somewhere near the border of an image, it inherently becomes intriguing. Why is it there? Photography isn’t math, of course, and you don’t always need a specific reason. For me, it just feels right. It allows me to include more environment in my portraits, and environment often compliments the feelings, mood, emotion I am trying to show. If not the environment itself, then at least the space and how much or little there is of it. It helps create, emphasize mood. Place your subject at the bottom of the frame and you will create an airy impression. Perhaps a reference of sky, and thus dreams. Place your subject at the top and and you will, on the contrary, contract the space around him, close him in, make the photograph visually heavier.
    NIKON D700 + 50.0 mm f/1.4 @ ISO 400, 1/3200, f/1.8
    And, if it’s somewhere at the edge, what is all that other (hint, negative) space for? Well, two reasons. The first one is rather simple – to put more emphasis on the subject. Remember my example with a sheet of paper and an ink spot on it? If not, read my article on negative space again, it’s that important. The second reason is a bit more subtle – to strengthen the emotion, mood of the image by emphasizing the, say, vastness of the surroundings.
    NIKON D700 + 50.0 mm f/1.4 @ ISO 200, 1/800, f/2.8

تعليق

انتظر... لماذا؟

هناك العديد من الطرق المثبتة لتكوين صورة جيدة. من المحتمل أن تكون قاعدة الأثلاث والوسط الذهبي هي الأكثر أمانًا وتعمل في أي موقف تقريبًا. لماذا نذهب إلى مثل هذا التطرف ونضع العناصر على حواف الإطار؟ ألا ينبغي بدلاً من ذلك أن نحاول تحويل المشاهد بعيداً عن الحواف، وذلك لمنع النظر من الانتقال إلى العمل التالي؟ أسئلة وجيهة بالطبع، والإجابة على السؤال الأخير تكون في أغلب الأحيان إيجابية. لكن ليس دائما.

كاميرا نيكون D700 + 50.0 مم f/1.4 @ ISO 400، 1/6400، f/1.8

كما ترى، إذا تم وضع عنصر رئيسي مثير للاهتمام في مكان ما بالقرب من حدود الصورة، فإنه يصبح مثيرًا للاهتمام بطبيعته. لماذا هو هناك؟ التصوير الفوتوغرافي ليس رياضة بالطبع، ولا تحتاج دائمًا إلى سبب محدد. بالنسبة لي، يبدو الأمر على ما يرام. فهو يسمح لي بتضمين المزيد من البيئة في صوري الشخصية، وغالبًا ما تكمل البيئة المشاعر والمزاج والعاطفة التي أحاول إظهارها. إن لم يكن البيئة نفسها، فعلى الأقل المساحة ومدى وجودها أو قلة وجودها. يساعد على خلق المزاج والتأكيد عليه. ضع موضوعك في الجزء السفلي من الإطار وسوف تخلق انطباعًا متجدد الهواء. وربما إشارة إلى السماء، وبالتالي الأحلام. ضع موضوعك في الأعلى، وسوف تقوم، على العكس من ذلك، بتقليص المساحة المحيطة به، وإغلاقه، وجعل الصورة أثقل بصريًا.

كاميرا نيكون D700 + 50.0 مم f/1.4 @ ISO 400، 1/3200، f/1.8

وإذا كان في مكان ما على الحافة، فما فائدة كل تلك المساحة الأخرى (تلميح، سلبي)؟ حسنًا، هناك سببين. الأول بسيط إلى حد ما – للتركيز بشكل أكبر على الموضوع. هل تتذكر مثالي الذي يحتوي على قطعة من الورق وعليها بقعة حبر؟ إذا لم يكن الأمر كذلك، اقرأ مقالتي عن المساحة السلبية مرة أخرى، فهذا مهم. السبب الثاني أكثر دقة بعض الشيء - لتعزيز العاطفة والمزاج في الصورة من خلال التأكيد على اتساع المناطق المحيطة على سبيل المثال.

كاميرا نيكون D700 + 50.0 مم f/1.4 @ ISO 200، 1/800، f/2.8

تعليق

Final Words

It may be that I am simply weird this way and placing subjects at the borders of the frame is just silly. Perhaps it does not work at all and only seems to be natural in my head. Perhaps this whole article makes no sense. So? One of my biggest fears in photography as much as in life is to become boring. And so I try different things, attempt to learn them, master them. Whether this is a mistake or not I do not know. What I do know is that it works for me right now. It resonates with me, with how I see the world, which things I consider important. It adds intrigue. I like that. No, no. I adore that.
        NIKON D700 + 50.0 mm f/1.4 @ ISO 200, 1/500, f/2.8
        Try it. You might hate it and that is fine. But you might also find it to be a breath of fresh air. After all, art is often an experiment, is it not? So experiment. Overdo it, even. Try everything you can to find that which works for you and shows you in your work. Otherwise, if there is no you in your work, how can you say it is yours?

تعليق

الكلمات الأخيرة

ربما أكون غريبًا بهذه الطريقة وأن وضع الموضوعات على حدود الإطار أمر سخيف. ربما لا يعمل هذا على الإطلاق ويبدو أنه طبيعي في رأسي. ربما هذا المقال كله لا معنى له. لذا؟ أحد أكبر مخاوفي في التصوير الفوتوغرافي وفي الحياة هو أن أصبح مملاً. ولذلك أحاول أشياء مختلفة، وأحاول أن أتعلمها، وأتقنها. هل هذا خطأ أم لا لا أعرف. ما أعرفه هو أنه يعمل بالنسبة لي الآن. إنه يتردد صداه معي، مع الطريقة التي أرى بها العالم، والأشياء التي أعتبرها مهمة. يضيف دسيسة. أحب ذلك. لا لا. أنا أعشق ذلك.

كاميرا نيكون D700 + 50.0 مم f/1.4 @ ISO 200، 1/500، f/2.8

جربها. قد تكره ذلك وهذا جيد. ولكن قد تجده أيضًا بمثابة نسمة من الهواء النقي. ففي نهاية المطاف، الفن غالبًا ما يكون تجربة، أليس كذلك؟ لذا قم بالتجربة. تبالغ في ذلك، حتى. جرب كل ما بوسعك للعثور على ما يناسبك ويظهر لك في عملك. وإلا، إذا لم يكن هناك أنت في عملك، فكيف يمكنك أن تقول أنه لك؟

تعليق

يعمل...
          X