مشاركات جديدة

• مقابلة مع كير ستن الستنر Interview with Kirsten Elstner

Interview with Kirsten Elstner

اضغط على الصورة لعرض أكبر. 

الإسم:	black-and-white-shot-of-national-geographic-student.jpg 
مشاهدات:	5 
الحجم:	94.3 كيلوبايت 
الهوية:	175733
    Uganda - 2018/02/21: Student works on a photography assignment during National Geographic Photo Camp in Uganda. Photo by Lynn Johnson/National Geographic.

Quick summary

In this episode of Great Big Photography World Podcast, National Geographic Explorer Kirsten Elstner talks about her background as a journalist, what it was like to transition from film to digital, and the origin of National Geographic Photo Camp.

اضغط على الصورة لعرض أكبر. 

الإسم:	photo-camp-workshop-with-kirsten-elstner-600x450.jpg 
مشاهدات:	4 
الحجم:	106.5 كيلوبايت 
الهوية:	175734 Kirsten Elstner, Founder and Director of National Geographic Photo Camp, and a student work on an assignment during National Geographic Photo Camp in Arizona. Photo by Stacy Gold/National Geographic.
    I see it as 20 years of learning, adapting, and bringing in new ideas.
    Kirsten Elstner

مقابلة مع كيرستن إلستنر

​
    أوغندا - 2018/02/21: طالب يعمل في مهمة تصوير فوتوغرافي خلال معسكر التصوير الوطني في أوغندا. تصوير لين جونسون / ناشيونال جيوغرافيك.

ملخص سريع

في هذه الحلقة من برنامج Great Big Photography World Podcast، تتحدث مستكشفة National Geographic، كيرستن إلستنر، عن خلفيتها كصحفية، وكيف كان التحول من الفيلم إلى الرقمي، وأصل معسكر National Geographic Photo Camp.

​ كيرستن إلستنر، مؤسسة ومديرة معسكر التصوير الفوتوغرافي الوطني، وطالبة تعملان في مهمة خلال معسكر التصوير الوطني الجغرافي في أريزونا. تصوير ستايسي جولد / ناشيونال جيوغرافيك.

أرى أنها 20 عامًا من التعلم والتكيف وجلب أفكار جديدة.
    كيرستن إلستنر

Smith Island, MD – May 2011: Student with camera during National Geographic Photo Camp in Smith Island, MD. Photo by Karine Aigner/National Geographic.
    In this episode, I speak with Kirsten Elstner, who is a National Geographic Explorer and founder of Photo Camp. National Geographic Photo Camp is project that aims to mentor and inspire young people around the world.

We talk about:
    • Kirsten’s transition from journalism to the creation of Vision Workshops, an organization that eventually led to a collaboration with National Geographic
    • The story behind National Geographic Photo Camp
    • Advice for photographers who want to get better at telling stories through their photos

& much more!

Kirsten has a very inspiring story that involves a lot of courage and passion. I’m sure that you’ll be inspired by her passion and her moving experiences with students.

Here is a preview of our conversation with Kirsten Elstner.
    Washington, DC – 2023/06/12: Kirsten Elstner, Founder and Director of National Geographic Photo Camp. Photo by Mark Thiessen/National Geographic.

Smith Island، MD - مايو 2011: طالب يحمل كاميرا أثناء معسكر National Geographic Photo Camp في جزيرة سميث، MD. تصوير كارين أيجنر / ناشيونال جيوغرافيك.

في هذه الحلقة، أتحدث مع كيرستن إلستنر، وهي مستكشفة في National Geographic ومؤسسة Photo Camp. National Geographic Photo Camp هو مشروع يهدف إلى إرشاد وإلهام الشباب حول العالم.

نحن نتكلم عن:

انتقال كيرستن من الصحافة إلى إنشاء Vision Workshops، وهي منظمة أدت في النهاية إلى التعاون مع National Geographicالقصة وراء National Geographic Photo Campنصيحة للمصورين الذين يرغبون في تحسين سرد القصص من خلال صورهم

& أكثر بكثير!

تتمتع كيرستن بقصة ملهمة للغاية تتضمن الكثير من الشجاعة والعاطفة. أنا متأكد من أنك ستلهمك شغفها وتجاربها المؤثرة مع الطلاب.

فيما يلي معاينة لمحادثتنا مع كيرستن إلستنر.

واشنطن العاصمة - 2023/06/12: كيرستن إلستنر، مؤسسة ومديرة مخيم الصور الجغرافية الوطنية. تصوير مارك ثيسن / ناشيونال جيوغرافيك.

تعليق

Q: You have been hosting Photo Camps over the past 20 years. What was your first Photo Camp like?

Kirsten Elstner: That was in 2003. We were still shooting film. We would scurry over to the photo lab in the evenings and get all the film printed up and developed. Then we would stay up all night and write names on the backs of the prints that we could review the next day.

It was a weekly program the first year in 2003. We worked with high school students in the DC area who were actually interning at National Geographic’s Society. They’d come in every week and we’d send them home with an assignment for the week. They’d come back and we’d review the next day. It was much different than the format now.
      San Francisco, CA – 2004/06/20: Students from Bay Area high schools and Kirsten Elstner, Founder and Director of National Geographic Photo Camp, participate in a National Geographic Photo Camp held in San Francisco, CA. Photo by Ed Kashi/National Geographic.

س: لقد كنت تستضيف معسكرات التصوير الفوتوغرافي على مدار العشرين عامًا الماضية. كيف كان معسكر التصوير الأول الخاص بك؟

كيرستن إلستنر: كان ذلك في عام 2003. وكنا لا نزال نصور الأفلام. كنا نهرع إلى معمل الصور في المساء ونقوم بطباعة جميع الأفلام وتطويرها. ثم نبقى مستيقظين طوال الليل ونكتب الأسماء على ظهر المطبوعات التي يمكننا مراجعتها في اليوم التالي.

لقد كان برنامجًا أسبوعيًا في العام الأول من عام 2003. لقد عملنا مع طلاب المدارس الثانوية في منطقة العاصمة والذين كانوا يتدربون بالفعل في جمعية ناشيونال جيوغرافيك. كانوا يأتون كل أسبوع ونرسلهم إلى المنزل مع مهمة لهذا الأسبوع. لقد عادوا وسنراجعه في اليوم التالي. لقد كان مختلفًا كثيرًا عن التنسيق الآن.

سان فرانسيسكو، كاليفورنيا - 2004/06/20: شارك طلاب من المدارس الثانوية في منطقة الخليج وكيرستن إلستنر، مؤسسة ومديرة معسكر الصور الجغرافية الوطنية، في معسكر الصور الجغرافية الوطنية الذي أقيم في سان فرانسيسكو، كاليفورنيا. تصوير إد كاشي / ناشيونال جيوغرافيك
      التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة غدير معروف; الساعة 11-03-2023, 10:05 PM.

تعليق

Q: What was it like to transition from film to digital photography during that time?

Kirsten Elstner: Just like everyone else, we were kind of scrambling to figure out what that was going to be like. Now, it’s much easier, of course. The students are able to shoot more.

There was a learning curve, but there’s still one today. There’s new technology, new equipment, and new ways of looking at things.
        Christchurch, New Zealand – 2023/04/23: Kirsten Elstner, Founder and Director of National Geographic Photo Camp, with student, Kaelarn Whakarau-Shudder, during National Geographic Photo Camp in Christchurch, New Zealand.

س: كيف كان التحول من التصوير السينمائي إلى التصوير الرقمي خلال تلك الفترة؟

كيرستن إلستنر: تمامًا مثل أي شخص آخر، كنا نسعى جاهدين لمعرفة كيف سيكون الأمر. الآن أصبح الأمر أسهل بكثير بالطبع. الطلاب قادرون على إطلاق النار أكثر.

كان هناك منحنى للتعلم، ولكن لا يزال هناك واحد اليوم. هناك تكنولوجيا جديدة، ومعدات جديدة، وطرق جديدة للنظر إلى الأشياء.

كرايستشيرش، نيوزيلندا - 2023/04/23: كيرستن إلستنر، مؤسسة ومديرة معسكر التصوير الوطني التابع لناشيونال جيوغرافيك، مع الطالبة كالارن واكاراو-شودر، خلال معسكر التصوير الوطني الجغرافي في كرايستشيرش، نيوزيلندا.

تعليق

Q: How did you come up with the idea for Photo Camps initially?

Kirsten Elstner: When I was a young photographer trying to find my way in the world of journalism, I found myself traveling around the world. I was shooting mainly for the New York Times, but I was a freelancer.

I remember very specifically being in Bangladesh after a cyclone and photographing young people there. Don’t get me wrong, I have a huge admiration and respect for photographers that still do that. But for me, I found that it didn’t motivate me.

I was younger myself, but I was very interested in the power of young people. That was 20 years ago. Now, a lot of organizations are doing similar things, which I think is wonderful. Back then, it was kind of a unique concept to put the camera, journal, and pen in the hands of the people whose stories were being told. That’s how the idea was born.

س: كيف جاءتك فكرة Photo Camps في البداية؟

كيرستن إلستنر: عندما كنت مصورة شابة أحاول أن أجد طريقي في عالم الصحافة، وجدت نفسي أسافر حول العالم. كنت أصور بشكل رئيسي لصحيفة نيويورك تايمز، لكنني كنت أعمل بالقطعة.

أتذكر على وجه التحديد أنني كنت في بنغلاديش بعد الإعصار وقمت بتصوير الشباب هناك. لا تفهموني خطأ، فأنا أكن إعجابًا واحترامًا كبيرًا للمصورين الذين ما زالوا يفعلون ذلك. لكن بالنسبة لي، وجدت أن ذلك لم يحفزني.

كنت أصغر سنًا، لكني كنت مهتمًا جدًا بقوة الشباب. كان ذلك قبل 20 عاما. الآن، تقوم الكثير من المنظمات بأشياء مماثلة، وهو أمر أعتقد أنه رائع. في ذلك الوقت، كان وضع الكاميرا والمجلة والقلم في أيدي الأشخاص الذين تُروى قصصهم بمثابة مفهوم فريد من نوعه. هكذا ولدت الفكرة.

تعليق

يعمل...
          X